It's been a month without a post so here's quickie to add on to your Christmas menu.
Kheema Mattar Pulao will be an excellent accompaniment on your christmas table. It also is another dish that can stand by itself when served with raita, papad and pickle. This recipe is adapted from the good housekeeping magazine.
Kheema Matar Pulao:
- Tomato Puree - 11/2 tbsp
- oil - 4 tbsp
- cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- garam masala - 1tsp
- salt - to taste
- ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1 chopped
- mutton/beef kheema - 2 cups (par- cooked, I used beef)
- green peas - 3/4 cup
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- coriander leaves - a handful
- mint leaves - a handful
- curd - 4 tbsp
- Cook the rice as per the instructions.
-Mix tomato puree, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli, and garam masala powders with 1 tbsp oil and salt to form a thick paste and keep aside.
-Heat remaining oil in a large pan and saute onions and ginger garlic paste.
-Add the spice paste and curd cook for 2- 3 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook.
-Add the kheema and cook on high heat until fully cooked.
-Add the coriander and mint leaves.
- Stir in the cooked rice and keep covered for a few minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with mint leaves.