Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fish a la georgia...


I got this recipe from a book on weekend getaways, which I went through while planning for a recent vacation. What caught my attention was the western name of the dish, though most of the ingredients seemed very indian. Anyway I went ahead and made this dish. The recommended fish was pomfret, mackerel, I used seer fish slices though and it did come out well.
So here's a recipe for all fish lovers.

Fish a la georgia
Fish - 1/2 kg
Chilly Powder - 2tsp
Coriander powder, jeera powder, tandoori masala and
Amchur (dry mango powder) - 1 tsp each
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
mint leaves - 1/8 cup
Vinegar - 2 tblsp
salt to taste.

-- Blend all the ingredient except the fish into a smooth paste.
-- Smear the fish with this and marinate it for at least 4 hours.
-- Shallow fry the marinated fish on both sides till nicely brown.

Enjoy...!!!
gita





No comments:

Post a Comment